Posted on May 29 2013
Get your Wisconsin Souvenirs! Happy 165th Birthday Wisconsin!
Wisconsin Souvenirs are on special at JP’s Bear’s for one day only in celebration of the states birthday this May 29th.
Wisconsin became the 30th state on May 29, 1848. And for today only you can use the coupon code WIBDAY13 on any of your favorite Wisconsin state souvenirs. Choose from several of our Symbolz, Souvies or Peace Pals and receive a 20% discount on your order.
Here are some fun state facts:
- The year of 1856, Margarethe Meyer Schurz opened the nation’s first kindergarten class in the city of Watertown.
- The state is known as the dairy capital of the United States and it manufactures more milk than any other state.
- Milwaukee is the largest city in the state and is know for its beer brewing traditions that started with its German immigrants in the 1850’s.
- There are 72 counties in the state.
- It’s nickname is the “The Badger State”
- The state flower is the Wood Violet
- The state bird is the Robin
- The state tree is the Sugar maple
You can keep up to date on all of our products at our JP’s Bear’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. We post fun pictures of the stuffed bears on their journeys as well as the latest items that we have recently extended to our inventory. Also we post specials and retired state souvenirs frequently, so there’s almost always a special priced state bear being offered.